Provincial Grand Lodge of Cumberland & Westmorland
Cumberland & Westmorland Freemasons
Forum Home Forum Home > THINKING OF JOINING FREEMASONRY? > How to join the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’Alleged’ New Members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp
Master of the Rolls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J Whicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’Alleged’ New Members
    Posted: 26 July 2009 at 11:23
To all Members,

On a regular basis, we have people logging on to our Web Site which is freely available to the whole World Wide Web Domain.

Regularly, we have Brethren that will Register on the Web Site which will gain them access to other parts of the Forum once the FAT members have given them the right access (just like we did for you.)

Periodically, there is a new 'Member' (and I use that term loosely) who is obviously not a Member of the Fraternity or a bonafide interested party and the only thing they can do after registering is post a 'Hello' message.

These persons usually include a Link in their Profile to a Web Site.  In no way should you try the Link and access the Site as the it may cause problems to you and your computer system.  These new 'Members' remain in the 'New Member (Restricted Access)' Group until they are checked (on a daily basis) by the FAT members and deleted, but while they sit in our system for a short while, please ignore them.

You have been warned!

John Nuttall View Drop Down
C&W Craft/Chapter Gp
C&W Craft/Chapter Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nuttall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 15:59

Dennis

This is very good advice and I trust that members will take note.

Just wondered what a FAT member is? I know that you are 'Master of the Rolls' and ample in many ways, but Barry might only be considered a Medium member.

Regards

John Nuttall

Barry Crosthwaite View Drop Down
Non-Mason Member Gp
Non-Mason Member Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Crosthwaite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2009 at 16:03
Thank you John for that 'kind' description!!

A 'FAT' member is a member of the 'Forum Administration Team'  (Sandy, Dennis & Barry)

We will, all three of us, hopefully, be at Cumbrian Byte Lodge, in Keswick, tonight!

Barry Crosthwaite

Tom M. Preuss View Drop Down
Non-Mason Member Gp
Non-Mason Member Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom M. Preuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 23:42

Dennis,

By clicking on these links you described , i presume that these contain computer viruses?

Albert Pike Lodge #1067 AF&AM ACGL
FAT Archive View Drop Down
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAT Archive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 08:53
Hi Tom,

The links (actual clickable text) don't contain a computer virus but the Websites that they open usually contain unsuitable content and/or malicious coding which in turn could lead to your computer being compromised.

Resist the temptation Grasshopper! 

Alan Curtis View Drop Down
C&W Mason Gp
C&W Mason Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 16:26
I have rejoined the fold having lost my detailsSmile
Alan P Curtis
Alan Curtis View Drop Down
C&W Mason Gp
C&W Mason Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 16:27
I forgot to update my details.
Craft Lodge  Creighton 8071
Rank  PPrJGW
Alan P Curtis
Norman English View Drop Down
C&W Mason - Secretary Gp
C&W Mason - Secretary Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norman English Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 18:27
Hi Denis all logged in now and up and running
Norman
markflorida View Drop Down
C&W Mason Gp
C&W Mason Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markflorida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2018 at 11:32
Originally posted by John Nuttall John Nuttall wrote:

Dennis

This is very good advice and I trust that members will take note.

Just wondered what a FAT member is? I know that you are 'Master of the Rolls' and ample in many ways, but Barry might only be considered a Medium member.

Regards

John Nuttall

I'm glad you asked that. I was thinking of a few of my lodge brethren when I first read this. Tongue
Life has no remote, get up and change it yourself. . . Mark A. Cooper
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic