Cumberland & Westmorland Freemasons
Forum Home Forum Home > BYTE SIZED COMPUTER TIPS > General Computing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Combine PDF files for FREE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Watton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combine PDF files for FREE
    Posted: 30 October 2013 at 12:38
Yesterday's meeting of Cumbrian Byte Lodge at Cleator Moor raised a question at the festive board regarding combining 2 or more pdf files into one file (e.g Summons Front and Back with the summons content). I've found a solution which might help Brethren with this problem.

You can buy software which will carry out this task, but there is a FREE program available from Google which will do the job called PDF Binder. It won't create the pdf files for you, you should already be able to do that using your scanner or by 'Save As' in Windows, but it will combine files into one single file for you. 

To start, here's the link to download the software for Windows computers:
https://code.google.com/p/pdfbinder/downloads/list

Once installed, open the program and drag your individual PDF files into the open window (or click on the 'Add files' button to use the file system) [see below]

Click on the 'Bind!' button [I found it doesn't always register with the first click, so you may need to click again].

Then simply give the file a new name and decide where it should be saved and click the save button.

EASY!
<div align="center" style="padding: 15px;">
[IMG]http://forum.cumbriafreemasons.org/graphics/union129.png" title="Union Lodge No.129 250 years 1764 to 2014"/>
<br/>Terry Watton
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
John Hill View Drop Down
C&W Mason - Secretary Gp
C&W Mason - Secretary Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2013 at 19:30
Terry, I raised the issue, thanks very much I have downloaded it and used it, very easy, I will try to load my agendas on the site in the near future. Worth the trip to Cleator Moor for that alone.

Regards
John J. Hill
Terry Watton View Drop Down
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Watton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2013 at 22:11
Hi John, Im delighted that you find it useful. I promised Id fix you up!
[IMG]http://forum.cumbriafreemasons.org/graphics/union129.png" title="Union Lodge No.129 250 years 1764 to 2014"/>
<br/>Terry Watton
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Eric Brown View Drop Down
Mason Gp
Mason Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 21:06
I don't understand why people don't produce thr back and front in one file (ie word, powerpoint or publisher) to start with. 
ericb
Terry Watton View Drop Down
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Watton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2013 at 12:56
Eric, I think that many secretaries inherit their summons templates, many of which are two separate files. MS Word isn't always the most intuitive tool when it comes to document layouts. For example, I spent 20 minutes today trying to find an easy way to swap the position of two pages in a single document in MS Word 2013, I gave up in the end and went for a cut and paste solution.
<br/>Terry Watton
Ian Turner View Drop Down
C&W Craft/Chapter Gp
C&W Craft/Chapter Gp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 16:17
Would anyone be interested in putting on a half day /days instruction on publisher/word etc. Perhaps just concentrating on making a summons up and putting it on the web .Just the basics would do for those who are newer to this. I Could provide a venue at our Lodge rooms subject to dates?
Ian.
Dennis J Whicker View Drop Down
Administrator Gp
Administrator Gp
Master of the Rolls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J Whicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 17:59
Ian, I am usually always available.

I produce lots of things in Publisher, including Summons's. I can give tuition but it would be in depth. It needn't be in a Lodge. It could be at home, mine or elsewhere. Because it would be in depth, it should be on a one to one but I am happy to do a group.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic